If you’ve been suffering from groin or thigh pain, or reduced hip range of motion, read on for more information.
Serving Central Florida’s Chiropractic Needs For More Than 30 Years.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
The Villages Chiropractor | Leesburg Chiropractor
Etheredge Chiropractic Has More Than 30 Years Treating Hip Pain & Hip Osteoarthritis in The Villages, Leesburg/Fruitland Park
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative type of arthritis that occurs most often in people 50+ years old.
In osteoarthritis, the cartilage in the hip joint gradually wears away over time. As the cartilage wears away, it becomes frayed and rough, and the protective joint space between the bones decreases. This can result in bone rubbing on bone. To make up for the lost cartilage, the damaged bones may start to grow outwards and form bone spurs. Osteoarthritis develops slowly and the pain it causes worsens over time.
Common causes include:
- Genetic predisposition
- Biomechanical stress
- Being overweight
- Trauma or injury to the joint
- Pain in the groin or thigh that radiates to your buttock or knee
- Pain that flairs up with vigorous activity
- Stiffness in the hip that makes it difficult to bend or walk
- “Locking” or “sticking” of the joint and a grinding noise (Crepitus) during movement caused by loose fragments of cartilage
- Decreased hip range of motion
If you’re experiencing and of the above symptoms take the next step toward relief and visit us at Etheredge Chiropractic today!