If you’ve been suffering from radiating discomfort or tingling read on for information on causes and treatments. Then take the next step toward relief and schedule and appointment today!
Radiculopathy is a painful condition that arises when nerves branch away from the spinal column through foraminal canals to peripheral regions of the body. The nerves begins to operate ineffectively or improperly because of compression or due to damage as they exit the spine. Radiculopathy is most frequently seen in the lumbar (lower back) and cervical (neck) regions of the spine
Common causes include:
- Repetitive motion/movements from lifestyle, occupation or sports activities
- Genetic predisposition/family history
- Health concerns such as diabetes and/or infections or spinal conditions such as spurs and disc herniation
- Injury or trauma from a fall, motor vehicle accident or sports incident
- Pain, numbness and tingling in the extremities
- Discomfort that radiates through the lower back and limbs
- Sensitivity to light touch and tenderness and weakness
- An inability to perform everyday activities or movements
If you’re experiencing pain or discomfort in your lower back or in your extremities, take the next step toward relief and visit us at Etheredge Chiropractic. Schedule your appointment today!