If you’ve been suffering from chronic neck or back pain, discomfort with prolonged sitting or standing, or sporadic tingling or weakness in the legs or arms, Facet Syndrome could be the cause. Read on for information, then take the next step toward relief and schedule and appointment with Etheredge Chiropractic today!
Facet Syndrome affects the facet joints, which are located between each vertebra in the spine. These joints provide the spine stability and flexibility needed to perform daily movement and routine activities. As we age, the cartilage gradually wears away and the space between the vertebrae narrows and can create compression on the nerves.
Common causes include:
- Excessive weight
- Overuse due to sports or labor intensive careers
- Injury/trauma to the spine, such as whiplash or a fall
- Chronic pain in the neck and back that can radiate to the extremities
- Sporadic tingling or weakness in legs or arms
- Pain that is often worse in the beginning and end of the day, or with a change in weather
- The sound of bone rubbing on bone when you move
- Difficulty with prolonged sitting or standing
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, take the next step toward relief and visit us at Etheredge Chiropractic. Schedule your appointment today!